WhatsApp has been a game changing cross-platform messaging and voice over IP (VoIP) application over the years. An app that has more than 1.3 billion users and purchased by Facebook for an amount of $19 billion. The app enables users to send text messages, media files, voice notes, make calls, group chats, and creating of broadcast list.
Business people are using WhasApp to share their products and services or create groups to discuss about business. Many people now use it to interact with business owners or clients and it has been a useful business tool, that’s why the WhatsApp team launched WhatsApp Business, a free app for small businesses.
Features of WhatsApp Business
Now let’s have a look at the features of WhatsApp Business App.
- Business Profiles: Help customers with useful information such as a business description, email or store addresses, and website.
- Messaging Tools: Save time with smart messaging tools — quick replies that provide fast answers to frequently asked questions, greeting messages that introduce customers to your business, and away messages that let them know you’re busy.
- Messaging Statistics: Review simple metrics like the number of messages read to see what’s working.
- WhatsApp Web: Send and receive messages with WhatsApp Business on your desktop. To know how to use WhatsApp Web check out this post.
- Account Type: People will know that they’re talking to a business because you will be listed as a Business Account. Over time, some businesses will have Confirmed Accounts once it’s been confirmed that the account phone number matches the business phone number.
Downloading WhatsApp Business App
Before downloading the app, please be aware of the following:
- If you have an existing WhatsApp Messenger account, you’ll have the option to migrate your chat history to your new WhatsApp Business account. It’s recommended that you make a manual backup before proceeding.
- Your chat history can’t be migrated back to WhatsApp Messenger if you decide to stop using WhatsApp Business.
- You can use both apps, WhatsApp Business and WhatsApp Messenger. Each app, however, must be linked to its own unique phone number. It’s not possible to have one phone number linked to both apps at the same time.
- The app is currently available only on Android. Click download to get the app from the Play Store.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Below is a video demonstration
Posts you may be interested in…
Ousman Faal [Digital Vigilante] is a Tech Entrepreneur & Digital Skills Trainer who teaches both in the classroom and online. He has experience in various technologies and likes sharing it with others. Ousman has published 144 articles on this blog. He is the CEO of Faalen Technologies and Skills.gm.