Have you ever wanted to screenshot the entire screen of your computer or maybe screenshot a dialogue? Maybe you already know how to do it with your phone but don’t know how to do it with your PC. It’s simple! Just follow the steps below.
To screenshot the entire screen:
1. Press the “PrtSc” key on your keyboard. This will automatically screenshot your entire screen and place the image on the computer’s clipboard.
- Open Paint and use the paste command (Ctrl+V). You should see a screenshot of your entire screen in Paint.
3. To save the screenshot go to the menu and place your mouse pointer on “Save As” to see the different image formats available. Don’t choose BMP picture if you are going to upload the screenshot on the web, because it’s a large format which is not appropriate for the web.
To screenshot a dialogue box
If you want to screenshot only a dialogue box you can do it too.
1. Make sure the dialogue box is on-screen.
2.Press “Alt+PrtSc” to screenshot only the dialogue box on-screen.
3. Repeat the steps 2 to 4 to save the screenshot.
To screenshot a portion
You can also screenshot any portion of the screen by using a tool called “Snipping Tool“. This application is available on Windows 7 and above. Follow these steps to see how it works.
1.Search and launch the application
4. When you let go of the mouse, the portion that you snapped will appear on the application window automatically.
Ousman Faal [Digital Vigilante] is a Tech Entrepreneur & Digital Skills Trainer who teaches both in the classroom and online. He has experience in various technologies and likes sharing it with others. Ousman has published 144 articles on this blog. He is the CEO of Faalen Technologies and Skills.gm.